Attila Pataky

Author's posts

Jan 16 2016

World and European Championship 2016 Update 1

Dear Friends Less than a week to the Championship. It is to early to tell you where we will have strong ice, no or little snow and wind on January 24th (first racing day) and following. But we can close in already a little! The main Focus is currently on Poland and Germany. We are still waiting for reports from Denmark and Sweden as well. The Baltic States all got hit by lots of snow and are not considered any more. Austria is out too. In the following days we are checking several other options that were reported. We have one Location in Poland, that has been sailed today and …

Continue reading

Permanent link to this article:

Jan 14 2016

German Nationals On at January 16th/17th!

Dear Friends, the German Nationals will be sailed this Saturday January 16th  and this Sunday January 17th at “Saaler Bodden/Fischland” slightly Northeast of Rostock/Germany (appr. 30 km from Rostock). Tomorrow not before 12:00 the exact Location/Schedule and Headquarter will be annouced, due to final decision between two possible launching sites. Announcement on behalf of Bernd Zeiger G-107 National Secretary Germany

Permanent link to this article:

Mar 28 2015

Important Information Regarding the European Championship A-Fleet Final Standings

Iceboaters, the weather at this year’s European Championship made things difficult for everyone involved. Tough decisions had to be made quickly which affected everyone. There was a lot of pressure put on the PRO and the Commodore to change the results of the regatta. Weeks after the event there had been time to review our decisions and correct some of our mistakes. It is important to set the precedent for proper procedures so that the same mistakes are not made in the future. 

Permanent link to this article:

Mar 10 2015

5th A-Fleet Race European Championship

Iceboaters, today I appealed to the European Iceboat Authority (EIA) regarding my decision to withdraw the 5th A-fleet race after the majority of National Secretaries voted to do so. It is now in the Hands of the EIA to either verify or correct the decision taken. Thank you for your understanding JoerG-737 Commodore

Permanent link to this article:

Feb 26 2015

European Championship 2015 Update – 3

ICEBOATERS What happened Wednesday and what will happen Thursday: Today I spent most of the day in Finland. Cara drove me around and we checked two sites while Raimo checked the third one. Thank you guys!!! The result: Finland is out. Even though sailing was possible until Tuesday it is no longer. It got too warm in Finland, just unbelievable! The icethickness there still is between 30 and 40 cm with 20 cm snowice on top of 20 cm hardice. But the snowice got too soft to sail on. Even angle runners wouldn’t work but  skis might do the Job. I continued in the afternoon to Estonia and arrived a …

Continue reading

Permanent link to this article:

Feb 25 2015

European Championship 2015 Update – 2

Iceboaters, still too early to zoom in finally on a Country or even a lake! Everybody rather likes to know early where to drive too or book ferries too, which I am aware off. At the end you will have Options to pick from. While waiting for more precise weather prediction for the race week from next Monday a short Status Report:

Permanent link to this article:

Load more