Dear DN friends,
there is a new version of the NIA rules out now. This 2015 edition contains 2 additional race course configurations (DARLING COURSE and INLINE COURSE) and new clear rules containing …
- Updated definitions and clauses to support the use of the DARLING COURSE or INLINE COURSE.
- Clarification on yachts which must keep clear while approaching the windward MARK on opposite TACKS.
- Updated restrictions on propulsion.
- A new rule which prohibits sailing between the LEEWARD MARK and the starting line immediately after the start.
- Clarification on approaching and crossing the finish line.
Please read the summary of Tim McCormick (a member of NIA). He briefly described the changes of the rules.