European Insurance Check and ID-List for season 2014/15
It will be the responsibility for every sailor to arrange a Third Party Liability Insurance to cover damage (body and property). Each sailor has to be able to show a confirmation of cover as requested by IDNIYRA regatta organisers.
The insurance has to ….
- cover the liability of one participant to another with a minimum coverage of 500.000,00 Euro.
- cover the sailing area (worldwide or sea plus inland lakes in Europe).
- be valid for training and international competition of icesailing regattas.
- contain the period of validity, which should cover the event duration.
- be written in English language.
How to get an insurance-ID – how to use it for online entry.
- Send in your confirmation of cover to the Insurance Manager of IDNIYRA-Europe, Niklas Müller-Hartburg
- He will assign you an ID, when your confirmation of cover fulfills the requirements above.
- Find your insurance-ID on the Checked Insurances page.
- The ID is valid for European regattas (EC, ET, WC and national races) also for NorthAmerican regattas (NA, WC).
- You have to use your ID together with your sailnumber to make a regular online entry.
Boat damage claims
These claims would be listed in a disclaimer to be signed at check-in by all participants and in the Notice of Race.
The maximum claim values agreed were:
- Hull 2.800 €
- Mast 1.500 €
- Plank 500 €
- Runner 450 € each
- Sail 750 €
- Chocks 100 € each
- Boom 150 €